The SIG-IL aims at performing the following activities:
- organize conferences, schools and workshops;
- announce publications (papers, theses and dissertations) on topics related to Iberian languages and/or by authors that are members of this SIG;
- promote in the international community the practice of the appropriate citation of previous papers published by members of the SIG;
- promote industry / university collaboration;
- offer a forum to discuss opportunities in research and industry application in the field of speech technology;
- promote the use of speech technology in education as a tool to reduce the digital gap and to improve teaching of second languages.